We all know that kidney disease is on the rise in our country and all over the world. We as doctors have to take care of varieties of the population like
- People who are at risk of developing kidney diseases and the aim is to prevent kidney ailments
- Patients who have developed kidney disease and the aim is to slow progression to end-stage kidney disease
- Provide adequate care and support for patients who have reached end-stage kidney disease and require treatment for the same.
At AIMS Hospital we believe in informed patient care.
- Help patients and their families understand kidney diseases and options for treatment
- Provide a support group for kidney patients and help them cope with the disease
- Prevent kidney disease in a healthy population
- Patients with a severe degree of kidney failure cannot lead a comfortable life with medications and dietary restrictions alone. They need a treatment modality known as dialysis, a procedure to purify the blood by removing toxic substances.
- The term chronic renal failure denotes a permanent loss of kidney function. When a person has suffered an irreversible loss of more than 90% of kidney function, the patient is diagnosed as having end-stage renal disease. Patients with end-stage renal disease undergo lifelong maintenance dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Our department offers hemodialysis, in which the patient’s blood is filtered by an artificial kidney, Those with end-stage renal disease are given the option of either hemodialysis or Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD).
In this state-of-the-art facility, patients are continuously monitored by modern electronic devices to provide smooth and comfortable treatment with a greatly reduced risk of complications.
The dialysis technician works closely with the nephrologists and the trained staff nurse to provide comprehensive care. There are also facilities for plasmapheresis, which is a procedure to remove toxins and unwanted proteins from the blood of patients who have auto-immune diseases.
Why AIMS Dialysis center?
- Largest Dialysis facility in the city of Kalyan – Dombivli with 20 dialysis machines
- State-of-the-art machines with online clearance monitoring in all machines
- Closed-loop advanced RO (water treatment) plant
- Availability of all hemodialysis prescriptions (SCUF, SLED, etc.)
- 24-hour Nephrologist cover in case of emergencies
- Nutritional assessment of patients on a regular basis
- Individualized rehabilitation program for patients
- Haemodialysis Unit
What is CRRT, and how does it help?
CRRT is a type of blood purification therapy used with patients who are experiencing Acute Kidney Injury (AKI). During this therapy, a patient’s blood passes through a special filter that removes fluid and uremic toxins, returning clean blood to the body. The slow and continuous nature of the process, typically performed over a 24-hour period, allows patients with unstable blood pressure and heart rate, which is termed hemodynamically unstable, to better tolerate this process.
- Minimal negative impact on hemodynamic stability
- Enable to remove solutes in blood and tissue
- Enable to maintain homeostasis including fluid balance, acid-base balance, electrolytes balance and colloid osmotic pressure
- Provides an administration route for medication and / or nutrition