INSTITUTE OF NURSING EDUCATION AND PARAMEDICAL SCIENCES, DOMBIVLI
Enhancement of health care professionals is one of the goals of this institution & therefore, it has established an institute of Nursing to educate & prepare nursing professional dedicated to patient care. Under Shirodkar Hospital Trust Institute of Nursing Education & Paramedical Sciences has started Revised General Nursing d Midwifery Programme in 2004 .
The Institute of Nursing Education & Paramedical Sciences is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (New Delhi), Maharashtra Nursing Council Mumbai, Maharashtra State Government, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. The Institute offers 3 ½ Yr Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (RGNM) & 3½ Yr Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (RANM), 2 Yr PBBSc Nursing (Degree) and 2 Yr MSc Nursing (PG) programmes/ A highly qualified & experienced teaching faculty plans & implements the education programme which is divided into:
Class Room Teaching: Class Room Teaching imparts knowledge of Nursing & Medical Sciences and humanities using modern teaching techniques, familiarizing students knowledge in Community Health Nursing Nutrition, Health Promotions & all types of specialized nursing subjects like child health nursing, mental health & midwifery.
Supervised Clinical Practice : This practice compliments that with practical knowledge for professional skills. Students undergo clinical practice under expert guidance in various sections of hospital to achieve the highest degree of patient care.
Practical experience in community health nursing with a thorough grounding in community health services. Our students would render preventive, promotive, restorative & emergency health care to individuals & community as required.
The students of our institute will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences; Medicine and that of nursing in providing comprehensive services.
- Demonstrate competency in providing holistic health care to individual, sick or well
- Demonstrate competency in techniques pf nursing based on concepts and Principles in the various areas of health industry.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the Health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and team work.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in decision making. Utilize latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within legal boundaries.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve quality of care.
- Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and Professional development.
We, the staff of nursing institute, believe that caring of human being is multi faceted. We believe that each individual is unique & we are obligated to provide holistic care.
We believe that holistic nursing is dependent on quality nursing education based on sound educational principles .We recognize for education as the foundation for practice of professional nursing.
Education is a change in behavior, which best occurs in an organized environment promoting problem solving approach. It is enhanced by incorporating knowledge from the Medical Health, Behavioral, Biological and Physical sciences in the context of a sequentially planned, organized curriculum and conductive physical facilities for learning.
We believe in the individuality of each student. It is an admitted fact that each individual varies in his/her capabilities, interest, cognitive abilities and skills and therefore more responsibility lies on teachers to provide for continued development of each student as an individual as well as a Nurse.
Our institute will definitely guide each and every student to develop in them pride in upholding and promoting the Nursing Profession.